Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cruz open to future superfight with Jose Aldo


After taking the unanimous decision from Urijah Faber, Dominick Cruz has invited his recently defeated opponent to join him in a trilogy-completing rubber match (Faber submitted Cruz in 2007).

"I'm not gonna turn down a rubber match like that," Cruz told MMA30. "Faber gave me a good fight, he tested me a little bit, but I still got the unanimous decision and I know I can beat him nine out of ten times."

Cruz also let Dana White know that he would be open to a clash with Jose Aldo, although chances are we would not see this fight for awhile. A fight with Jose Aldo would arguably be the biggest fight for the MMA promotion giant since UFC 100. Cruz expressed his willingness to take any contender after his win on Saturday.

"I'm not gonna turn down a fight with Jose Aldo," he said. "Man if they pay me enough money I'll fight anybody at heavyweight - I'll just run around like a chicken!"

Next up for the bantamweight champion will be Brian Bowles or Demetrious Johnson

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More