Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Chicharito wants to repay United; Thanks parents and fans for their support



Mexican star striker Javier Hernández, who did not play in Manchester United's 2-1 season-opening win over West Bromwich Albion on Saturday, said he wants to replay the English Premier League side for the faith it has given him.

"I’ve been treated wonderfully in Manchester, and I simply need to repay that faith," Chicharito told FIFA.com. "I had a very good first season and I hope to be able to contribute much more. I think there are good times ahead with this team and I’m very excited about the opportunities ahead in the coming season."

Hernández has been getting back into shape after suffering a concussion during training in United's recent summer tour of the United States. United manager Sir Alex Ferguson said that he expects Hernández to return to action in seven days.

"I’ve been treated wonderfully in Manchester, and I simply need to repay that faith," he was quoted by FIFA.com. "I had a very good first season and I hope to be able to contribute much more."

Chicharito credited his father and sister, who came to live with him in England as a huge help to adapting to a new environment.

"Moving to a new country is always difficult, but the fact my dad and my sister came to live with me was a huge help," he said. "That made things easier. In fact, what I miss most about Mexico isn’t the food or the customs, it’s my family and the way we’d all sit around chatting together on an evening."

Credit: Fox News Latino 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More