Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chicharito warns Premier League: You ain't seen nothing yet


Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez is becoming the most popular soccer player in the world. His record setting seven goals in the Gold Cup is only more proof that the Mexican striker is quickly becoming a household name. Yet, do not expect to hear any ego from the ManU winger,

"I have been a little lucky with some of my goals," Hernandez told Inside United.

"There have been a few headers in there. I work on that side of my game because I am not the tallest guy.

"I am working on all aspects of my game - speed, strength, technical ability with the ball, movement - and heading."

The faith in Hernandez shown by Sir Alex Ferguson is just reward for the effort put in by the 23-year-old, who was a virtual unknown when he signed for United 15 months ago.

"I only have words of thanks for Sir Alex because he has given me a lot of opportunities to play for this club, so I owe him a lot," said Hernandez.

"I am improving how I play. I am trying to be quicker with the ball, with more technique and concentration, because it is very difficult to keep the ball in this league.

"Of course, I have a lot of improving to do and I will work hard every day to achieve that."

Chicharito is set to return to ManU sometime in mid-July.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More