Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mexican Athlete Spotlight: Eddie Bravo

Eddie Bravo is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black belt. Well known for his commentary during UFC events, Bravo has always stayed close to his Mexican heritage and credits his roots for his success. He is most famous for his win as a brown belt against Royler Gracie by triangle choke in the 2003 Abu Dhabi Submission Wrestling championships and his particular style of no-gi Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, called 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu.

At UFC Fight Night 24, Chan Sung Jung, aka "the Korean Zombie" forced Leonard Garcia to tap to a spine lock called "the twister," the first time the submission had been used to finish a fight in UFC history. Sung Jung talked about the move after the fight,

"It's something I saw a long time ago on the Internet on video," Jung said. "It's one of Eddie Bravo's moves. It's something I practiced because it looks fun and I do it quite a bit in practice. I have always told people I was going to try it sometime in competition. I wanted to do it in the UFC and I was able to, finally."


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More