Friday, July 1, 2011

VICTOR ORTIZ PRESS TOUR QUOTES

VICTOR ORTIZ, WBC Welterweight World Champion


"I realize there is a lot of love/hate going on here. Tell me one thing I haven't already heard. People who loved me left me. I have been through a bunch of bull. I am facing one of the best fighters of all of time. That was a dream of mine since I was a little kid. I am not supposed to be here according to statistics.

"I am newly crowned [champion] and I am not ready to give that up.

"It's not a challenge when you are a champion.

"I have to thank my team for motivating me. The times they wanted me to go to war, I went to war. Mayweather is a beast, but I'm a monster. If Mayweather wants to box, I will box. If he wants to bang, I will bang.

"At the end of the day, I am walking away from this fight with that championship. I'll be damned if someone is going to take that away from me.

"This is a dream to me. I am not going to put this dream down. I am going to run with it as long as I can. I want to be like Bernard Hopkins and hold my title for as long as I can.

"I don't need to match Mayweather word for word. I am not a talker. I never have been. At the end of the day, we are going to have gloves and my punches are not as soft as my words.

"I am Mexican to the fullest and I am going to show the world how the Mexicans roll.

"I am tired of hearing that he is fighting Manny Pacquiao next. He is fighting me next!"

"On September 17, there is going to be a repeat of what happened on July 7, 1985, when Roger Mayweather fought Julio Cesar Chavez."

CREDIT: GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More