Friday, July 1, 2011

FLOYD MAYWEATHER PRESS TOUR QUOTES

FLOYD MAYWEATHER, Six-Time World Champion in Five Weight Divisions


"I want to thank Victor Ortiz for stepping up to the plate and taking the test.

"I also want to say congratulations to Victor Ortiz. It's not easy to bounce back from a crucial loss. He bounced back like a true champion. I take my hat off to him.

"It's not all about the money. We all know I am going to make a ton of money. He [Ortiz] is going to make some good money too. I earned the right to make the money that I make.

"It starts here. Someone has to give him the opportunity to take the thrown. Why not let it be me?

"I don't duck or dodge anyone. This is for the fans. This is for the Pacquiao fans too. Do I want the Pacquiao fight? Absolutely, if that is what the fans want. I want to give the fans what they want, but I have to take it one step at a time. I cannot overlook Victor Ortiz.

"I don't want to hear about him [Ortiz] losing before. Right now he is the world champion. This is about me facing the world champion and fighting the best.

"My main focus is Victor Ortiz. I want to go to camp and dedicate myself.

"I want to give you excitement. I want to you to enjoy HBO 24/7.

"Anything can happen in the sport of boxing. If you beat me I want you to earn it. I don't want it to be tainted.

"This is not my last fight. Hopefully I can give you 10 more fights. I am closer to 40 than I am to 21, but I am not going anywhere.

"[To Ortiz] On Sept 17, I know you are going to be there and you are going to bring your best, and me and my team are going to bring our best.

"I have to have a lot of Mexican fans and I wouldn't be where I am today without them.

"I want to thank HBO. We have a relationship that goes far back. I am loyal to the company that I am with. I have been with HBO since the beginning of my career.

"My ultimate goal is to take the title from Victor Ortiz."

CREDIT: GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More